Who we are?
Sanlam Investments Group is one of South Africa’s largest investment management companies. We have a performance history spanning over 100 years, and offer a range of investment and financial planning solutions to protect and grow the long-term wealth of our clients.
We take particular pride in:
• Sanlam’s longevity and innovation
• People, teamwork and values
• A culture of diversity and commitment to growing our own timber
• Our robust, tested and proven pragmatic investment process and philosophy
Our local and offshore investment products cover the full investment spectrum: active and passive; single and multi-manager – both locally and internationally. Our active funds range are managed according to our pragmatic value investing style.
What will you do?
The Social Media Manager is an integral part of the marketing function within Sanlam Investments. The incumbent should be an intermediate digital marketer with a proven understanding and experience in creating and running various Social Media campaigns across all major social networks, but with a working knowledge of other online marketing outputs including PPC, SEO, Advertising, CRM, Email Marketing etc. With agency background ideally, the incumbent should illustrate a meticulous attention to detail, be familiar with marketing processes, and be confident enough to deal with multiple internal and external stakeholders independently.
What will you do:
- Liaising with the stakeholder regarding their initiatives and account managing the design and communications of digital assets to execute on their brief
- Brief in campaigns and liaise with outsourced agencies re execution of strategy
- Liaise with clients to create bespoke digital assets, in line with broader digital strategy
- Work with agencies to produce & publish social media content in order to drive engagement and affinity for the brand
- Re-purpose existing and leverage print content for the digital properties, where appropriate to support the overall content strategy,
- Writing, editing and maintenance of content on websites and social media channels
- Image sourcing and picture editing for articles and home page banners
- Upload content to CMS (WordPress) and social media platforms
- Ensuring all content is maintained to a high quality standard and kept updated
- A strong understanding of content management and marketing
- Supplier management
What will make you successful in this role?
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevent degree or Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4-6 years experience
- Agency background preferred
- Experience on all major social media platforms
- Corporate experience advantageous
- Background in digital marketing, web writing, advertising, marketing, communications, mass media is preferred; with at least 4 years; solid experience in a digital marketing environment in a similar role;
- Knowledge of bulk email tools (IBM, Everlytic, Graphic Mail etc)
- Knowledge of WordPress CMS tools & plugins
- Technical proficiency of available web infrastructure (Intermediate)
- Knowledge of HTML design would be advantageous
- Ability to interpret analytics and compile digital marketing, specifically email, reports
- Ability to generate content and ensure high engagement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Financial services background advantageous
- Analytical and attention to detail
- Mature, self-motivated, efficient, reliable, focused and fast-working
- Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Good time management and the ability to multi-task effectively
- Able to manage client expectations, and ensure effective and timeous execution of deliverables
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Questioning and listening skills
Qualification and Experience
Knowledge and Skills
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensure a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process
How To Apply?
Apply Online Here