Sappi Southern Africa requires a Payroll Specialist to support the Payroll Manager as a subject matter expert on Payroll Control Centre (PCC) to improve processes, people practices, and business efficiency. To manage and oversee the running of payroll and subsequent processing activities for Sappi Limited and its subsidiaries and ensuring that the correct systems environment is in place by applying the principles of transactional and transformational management through the implementation of best practices that are aimed at achieving the organisational strategic objectives.
he role reports into the Payroll Manager.
he main responsibilities of this job are:
- To problem solve by identifying errors, reporting, and taking corrective action.
- Provide an integrated employee payroll service.
- Maintain sound Payroll Governance and ensure Standard Operating Procedures are in place.
- Maintaining clerical and administrative processes and systems in Payroll.
- Supervision of the routine administrative tasks in the Payroll function relating to accurate data capturing, workflows, leave quotas, benefit management, allowances, leave encashment etc.
- Engage with other stakeholders and responsible for data input and output purposes.
- Plan monthly payroll cut-offs for input.
- Ensure all payroll queries are resolved.
- Review payroll reports prior to distribution to stakeholders.
- Implementing and maintaining system programmes such as PCC and other payroll initiatives.
- Assist the Payroll Manager in the optimisation of systems and resources.
- Monitoring process and systems conditions and trends to improve productivity and efficiency relating to PCC and other payroll related systems.
- Ensure payments are made accurately and timely.
- Responsible for controls over Payroll and Third-Party payments.
- Review payroll reconciliations.
- Responsible for the IRP5 submission processes.
- Assist the Payroll Manager with reporting activities, budgeting and cash flow forecasting
- Reviewing Payroll journals.
- Supervision of the direct report(s) and review of the work performed.
- Providing coaching and guidance.
- Provide a support function to the Payroll Manager
- Adhoc reports and Payroll related functions.
he ideal candidate would have:
- National Senior Certificate with a Payroll or Finance Degree or Diploma, minimum NQF level 5.
- 5 -8 Years’ experience in a Supervisor role with knowledge of Payroll.
- Sound knowledge of MS Office and Payroll Systems.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Tertiary education in Information Technology/ SAP certification.
- PCC experience
How To Apply?
Apply Online Here