ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Ensuring profitability by coordinating maintenance resources and personnel for the appointed area to ensure that production machines and equipment are available to sustain continuous production of coal and meet production targets at the lowest possible cost. This is to be executed within the principles of QCDSM.
Carries a 184.108.40.206 legal appointment for the mine.
The incumbent holds a Mining Government Certificate of Competence (GCC) and must apply the law utilising knowledge, experience and skill to interpret and the law and make correct decisions. To improve business objectives sustainably at sub assembly level, at machine level, at systems level and concept level, including machine, people, process and standards.
1.) (Safe Production) – Ensure engineering maintenance strategies and overhaul plans are implemented that will optimise sweating of assets to reduce total cost of ownership – deliver maintenance, if and when to replace / repair equipment
- Maintenance cost vs R/t in appointed area
- Maintenance budget – actual vs. budget
- Availability of Equipment Downtime / shift / MTTF /MTTR (infrastructure and in-section equipment)
- Adherence to Overhaul / maintenance program – plan vs. actual
2.) Implement and monitor operational projects, ensures engineering compliance (COP), develops and manages engineering Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in appointed area of responsibility
- Adherence to Engineering principles and legislation (i.e. MM07)
- Compliance to engineering governance bodies (standardisation committees)
- SOP / COP implementation and adherence
3.) Assess economics / engineering viability of non-major engineering business cases and provides specific, in-section expertise and coaching
- Total cost of ownership (TCO)
- % delivery against OE initiatives
4.) Implement, monitor and ensure compliance to condition monitoring programs in appointed area of responsibility
- Compliance to Condition monitoring program schedules.
- Failure trend analysis and root cause elimination
- Execution of Predictive Maintenance recommendations (backlog)
5.) Safe Production – Support mine to achieve set targets by coordinating planning within appointed area of responsibility
- Rand per ton (R/t), Tons per CM per shift (t/cm/shift), Reserve utilisation %
- Volumes vs. monthly TQF (Including Quality) and vs. annual budget, % ash, % fines
- Illima tons as % of budget
6.) (Finance) – Control costs to ensure production volumes are achieved within budget. Identify potential future budget requirements
- Delivery against budget and reporting calendar vs. target
7.) (SHE) – Accountability to implement the strategy strategy to strive towards best in class safety performance and continuous improvement of key safety metrics to maintain license to operate.
- SHE compliance rates vs. targets (especially major findings), % outstanding actions on findings
- Zero harm, Zero fatalities, LWDCR
- # incidents, dust overexposure, noise overexposure, water releases
8.) Long term resource planning – Recruitment, training and career development
- Vacancy rates vs. Staff Establishment (vacancies incl. Absence due to TSD / PSD), AWOP, Successors for critical positions
- Key role turnover rate vs. industry average, absenteeism, employee engagement and enablement score (%), Tons/man/year, Monthly bonus targets
- Mining charter, WIM and SLP commitments vs actual, training days
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
B.Eng/B.Sc Eng: 2 years relevant Engineering/Maintenance experience in mining industry
B.Tech (Eng): 3 years relevant Engineering/Maintenance experience in mining industry
Diploma in Engineering: 5 years total relevant Engineering/Maintenance experience in mining industry
*All the above MUST be accompanied with a Mining Government Certificate of Competence (GCC)
Valid drivers license
PR Certified Engineer will be advantageous
- At least 5 years underground coal mining experience of which 3 years must be in a supervisory capacity
- Proven knowledge and experience of coal mining methods, equipment, stystems and mine
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Inspirational: Authentically and inclusively engages people to follow; leads culture tranformation
- Builds Talent: Builds capability and leverages diversity for competitive advantage